Source code restructuring

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2009 at 12:49 AM
Edited Jan 14, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I've wrapped up reorganizaing the project source into several smaller projects under Main in the source tree:

• Abstract (yaml.abstract.dll) - will contain foundation classes that introduce few-to-no dependencies.  Expect to see Yaml-specific attributes here.
  • Core (yaml.core.dll) - the bulk of the code goes here, including scanners, parsers, emitters, and serialization engine stuff.
  • CoreUnitTest (CoreUnitTest.dll) - Unit tests for above two modules, including many of the examples from the YAML 1.1 spec.
  • LanguagePackage (yaml.languagePackage.dll) - Visual Studio integration for YAML editing support, syntax highlighting, error indications and brace matching.
  • LanguagePackageTest (yaml.languagePackageTest.dll) - Integration test project.
  • Setup - Wix 3.0 based setup

The YamlCore.sln file reference just the first three, making it easy to quick and easy to move forward with the core code base.   YamlLanguage.sln includes all the above projects.   With this regoganization completed, I think I can start accepting assistance on portions of the code base.